Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch



This book was given to me by my son Jared at the Bountiful cemetery when we gathered as a family on the day which should have been my Dad's 80th birthday. I had received a few books from friends after the death of my Dad that I still have not read , I just can not bring myself to read them yet. But when I got this one, it was a small book which was a good sign so it would not take long to read it and I had also seen the story being talked about on TV which was heartbreaking. Randy talks about being a Tigger in this book a lot, and that being one can be a good thing , Jared has been our Tigger from the time he was 2-21/2 I knew he was different. Finally when he reached second grade after lots of frustrating times for him and the family he was diagnosed ADHD. The never sitting still the imagination and lots of laughter to me is what I find is in common with these two.What wonderful life lessons one can learn from reading this book before it is to late, Randy states that he is glad he was not hit by a bus and taken quickly for he would not have had the time to spend with his children and his wife building memories that would last . It makes you put things into perspective. I wish I would have highlighted the things I loved while reading this book maybe I will read it again. Thank you to my Tigger for giving me this book I hope everyone that reads it will benefit from it. This is a link to look at to learn about the Last Lecture. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LastLecture/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard alot about this book, too. The author died a lot later than the doctors said he would. Just teaches us that every day is important and every expression of love that we send out to others is eternal. Jared picked a great book for you. Love to you and love to Uncle Clyde.

shana said...

I read this book a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it. I learned so much from reading it. Glad you enjoyed it too. :)

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Clydene, it sounds like a wonderful book. I am glad my John was not taken right away either. Wehad so much more to talk about and settle.
I think of you often and always appreciate you. I thought I had added you to my blogroll, but I haven't. I am doing that tonight. Please forgive me friend.
I am so forgetful, not mean, but forgetful.
Sending you love, Nita

FRYBABY said...

I just finished this book! Each chapter had insights to be learned. I am with you on wishing I had marked it for future reference! (I am not sure Coree would have approved of me doing that or not being that it is her book:)