Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Meet Me In The Pumpkin Patch"



This is one of the poems that I wrote after my dad died,
the sunset that is in the background is a picture that
I took at the end of our 2006 party.
It was a beautiful sunset to end our day with,
not knowing at the time it would be the
last pumpkin party that we would have with Dad.
I planted the 2008 seeds shortly after Father's Day this year
I thought I was doing okay but then for one brief moment I
remembered the times with Dad then the tears came.
"Rest your sweet old soul"

6 comments:

Zoei said...

I know how those moments just sneak up on ya. I am thinking of you every day.
Janda
PS Love the pictures!!

Sioux said...

Great memories and beautiful tribute. He was a handsome lad, wasn't he?

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Very Handsmome. Thats where we get it from...

Nettie said...

You said it Jo! Dad would be the first to agree also. Whitey,....this was my favorite poem from you, although I loved all the rest too!

FRYBABY said...

I am so glad that you finally started blogging! I have really enjoyed getting to know you and your talents even more! You are awesome, dear cousin!

Anonymous said...

I remember my Uncle Clyde when he looked just that young. And he never did change for me. And the real thrill is that he looks like that now and forever. Love him.