Friday, July 22, 2011

Back In The Saddle Again, Mueller Canyon-Fernwood



Summer is going way to fast I am all ready two trail rides behind though these were mild in comparison to the last one. The one up Mueller was cut short due to the huge trench that has been cut into the mountain it was a big disappointment we had hoped to ride all the way over into City Creek Canyon. The next ride was up Fernwood which sits east of Layton it was pretty rocky in some spots that caused my knees to quiver a tad bit but what a surprise we had when we came across this cabin. I had heard about it but thought it was up Adams canyon once there we turned around and came back down I wish we could have finished and gone the rest of the way to the top of the mountain but JD had his boat out on Willard Bay with the rest of the family and I wanted to go and watch the kids do their tricks on the water.










3 comments:

Vickers said...

While I was out in Utah last month my folks told me about the pipeline going in. Your pictures are a real eye-opener as to the extent of the project.
My favorite photos are the last ones of the blue house. Wonderful!

Gayle said...

You finally found the canyon - and it looks like the roof was caved in? Did you see Barry & Paige in the log book? We had dinner at Meuller Park on Wednesday evening - first time I'd ever been there!

Yvonne said...

Who's vacation cabin is that? It needs to be tidy up a bit....
How bad that looks on the mountain all that trees cut down for a pipe line. Hope it will grow back soon, it looks like a scar this way!