Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Daughters Love



When I started blogging I never thought in a million years I would become friends with people from other parts of the world. I became acquainted with Yvonne and her blog called Stitch & Travel through a quilting blog that we both visit. I guess you could say we have been pen pals for a while. She is from the Netherlands, but loves to come to the USA. She recently lost her mother and asked me if I could do something with a picture she had taken of her holding onto her mothers hand shortly before she died. I told her I would love to try so along came a picture and a poem to go with it. So for this Mother's Day I thought it would be a nice tribute to the mothers and daughters out there that love and support each other in times of need.


Happy Mother's Day .

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful post you have made with my picture! Isn't this blogging amazing, I really have felt all the people I have 'met' through blogging the last years as a gift that made my life more meaningful and rich. Have a happy Mother's Day!

Donna said...

What a sweet thing to do for your friend! Happy Mom's Day!

The Gathering Room said...

this is late, but wishing you the same whitey..this is a lovely post!