Friday, May 25, 2012

Family Adventures Ahead

Finally I get to see the part of Utah that I have missed out on. Dennis's Dad started tradition by taking his grand-sons down to the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.
My oldest son was one of the first to go at the age of eight. My youngest son Kyle was actually baptized in one of the bodies of water there.
Then once the grand daughters came along an said "What about out us "
He even started to include them.
They would park at a trail head and back pack in for three to four days.
Health issues and fear has keep me from going with them in the past.
So I was really happy to see all the beauty that I had only heard about.
So we set out for another adventure. Dennis,  his father Art,  JD an his two boys Alex an Noah , Kyle , Kari , Payton , Paige,   Khloe and even Sadie the dog.
From the oldest 78 to to the youngest 21 months .
We hiked had great campfires stories told by Noah who is four and many fun memories.
 Alex was always willing to help setting up camp and helping his great grand father pitch his tent.







Gone with the wind





3 comments:

Gayle said...

Sounds like a fun trip. However, I'm to the point if I can't stay in my trailer or a hotel, then I don't want to go! LOL

GrandmaNutt said...

Holy Smokes Clydene, the super moon outlining the old, dead tree is phenomenal! All the photos are fabulous, but the full moon is a winner.

Yvonne said...

I am so glad you got to go this time. We only drove the 89 at Staircase Escalante, it is such a beatiful part of your state! How unique to have all those gerneration gathered there and you pictures are awsome! They makes me want to go back there......