Thursday, October 13, 2016

Mom's Bucket List Part 2

Getting my mom out on an adventure was my goal and boy did we have one. 
 For the first time in my life I was using a  navigation system. 
What I hoped to gain from using such technology was a sense of  freedom to go and not get lost (right) but more importantly to learn left  from right! Um neither happened.  We were barely into our trip when the navigation started telling me to turn around even though I knew I was on the right road.
  We kept driving and it insisted that  I make a U turn and go back. Why ? Was there  road construction ahead or detour ? 
Of course it  won't tell you that. 
 So  I finally pulled of the  road and called Dennis  to see why it was telling me I was going the wrong way.  
He reassured me we were going  the right way.
So on our merry way we went.
On one of the days on our world trip adventure we decided to go to  Dead Horse point.
 My father-in-law Art said "It was worth the trip" 
So with that in mind we went
 trusting the navigation system would not steer me wrong again. 
Navigation comes on and it tells me to make a left I am pretty sure I did it right.  
Then as we continue the  pavement ends which we all thought it was weird but in the 
 back of my mind I could hear  Art. 
Then the  road got a little more bumpy but my sister who was in the back got the real map out and said" I think we are on the right road."  
We kept driving and driving the road was getting worse.
 Finally we stopped when there was a sign that said PUCKER PASS.
Immediately we all thought  this does not sound good. 
Denice and I got out to look over the cliff at the road we thought we were supposed to go  down,
  this can't be right we kept saying
 but I could still here the voice of Art saying 
 "It was worth the trip"  

So who do I call this time? 
 ONSTAR they can find you no matter what! 
I reached up and pushed my life line button, a nice lady came on I told her our situation.
 She zeroed in on us and confirms my fear we are on the right road and that we needed to go down  PUCKER PASS!
 I told her I think they call it PUCKER PASS for a good reason!
That is crazy!
 My mom says "I am walking" she was not going down the  narrow switch back road "no way no how."
So we turned around thinking we will miss seeing Dead Horse Point. 
Back we go on the bumpy road which I know is hard on my mom. 
When I see two dirt bikers. I will ask them if we are on the  right road.
  They informed me we took the wrong turn  an that we would not have made it going  down PUCKER PASS.
So back up to the main road  going right  not left and it was worth the drive.

 On our return trip back home Dennis told me of a little ghost town I could get to relatively easy
 20 minutes out of our way to find it.   
This will be fun we all thought.
Wrong. 
Once again I turned  left when I should of turned right. 
After about an  hour or so , passing by lots of  no trespassing signs
 I finally found a  farmer and asked him where the ghost town was, 
 he directed me back the way we  came. 
 Once again an off road bumpy  adventure 
with my mom holding on tight. 

We finally found Sego.
  After stopping and taking  pictures we met up with a group of  people
 I asked them if it was worth the drive going further up the  mountain. 
"Yes " was the reply. 
 My first mistake was not asking  how long of a drive it was and what the road was like.  
But life is an adventure and we all  said let's do it.
So after hours of driving we decided we needed to head back home. 
So our 4 hour trip back home turned into a 8 hour adventure
It was worth the trip


Thompson Spring

















Sego 































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures. are these what you took on the bucket list trip?
I would get a better GPS, that one sounds like junk. They do make mistakes once in awhile but not quite so often unless it's because you didn't have good reception.I don't know?
Love ya all

Yvonne said...

O Clydene, what an hilarious adventure! I wish I could have been there with you in the car! The pictures are great!
Funny that you have the same thing with right and left as I have. I learned to drive with a GPS, it can really be helpful but I still use a map in advance so I know were I am going! :)
I hope your Mom had fun!

Veronica Lee said...

Love the beautiful photos, Whitey