Sunday, January 24, 2010

de·mo·li·tian

to destroy or ruin (a building or other structure) on purpose; tear down; raze.


Why is it always easier to demolish than to re-build? After 25 years of the same paint and carpet it is time to change! It was fun to see artwork done by kids on the sub-floor when the carpet was ripped up. Hard to believe how fast time has gone by.
We will be raising the sunken part to make it a much bigger room (yea!) Guess now I need to come up with a plan on what to do.

6 comments:

Vickers said...

Hmmm, by raising your floor you will be lowering your ceiling. All your tall sons will have to duck when they visit. j/k
Sounds like a lot of fun getting a fresh look. Enjoy.

Sioux said...

OMG!! You took the wall out between the rooms ~ I'm gonna love to watch the transformation!

Gayle said...

how exciting! can't wait to see it progress

FRYBABY said...

I can't wait to see the results because you clearly have an eye for decorating!! What a mess but what fun!

Mike and Kadie Briggs said...

Was the t.v. still drawn on the step. I remember when Dennis drew us a t.v. and told us to sit down and watch it. I can't believe you are changing it, but i am excited to see how it looks!

Deanie Rae's Space said...

Hi Whitey, Thanks for stopping by. I love your visits and comments. We seem to be so much alike. I've been taking down walls and etc. for 30 years in my old farm house. I've almost got it the way I want it Can't wait to see the after pictures of your room. It is going to be so nice when you finish it. Blessings, Deanie